Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hiding the Bones: A Dog Tail~

I have been giving the dogs real meaty bones lately. They seem to enjoy them but I am concerned about Seamus.

The brown dog spends an inordinate amount of time with his bones and then more time trying to figure out where to HIDE them.

I hear wild scratching at all times of the day and night - only to see my dog-with-little-brain trying to "unbury" a bone from the couch cushions, the throw pillows, a carpet runner, or from where he WEDGED it under the couch. (How he gets in under that far, I have no clue.)

This morning, after my bike ride, I jumped in the shower. When I emerged, I heard a ruckus in the closet. I see Seamus dragging the laundry basket around with his teeth - he has a hold of Dan's underwear and is trying to pull it through a slat in the laundry basket.

He is very intense about it. I tell him to leave Dad's tighty-wighties alone and push the basket back into place.

A minute later, same issue - the brown dog is trying to pull the drawers through the slat.

Now, Seamus follows the motto, "No brains, no headaches." But he usually leaves DH's underwear alone. So, I investigate and SURE ENOUGH... he has yesterday's meaty
bone wrapped up in Dad's "yesterday" underwear.

THIS explains the "clean" meaty bone in the dryer last Sunday.

1 comment:

Paulie said...

hehehehehehehehehehe

Catching up on reading posts today finally. . .