Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Slow Fall~

During recess today, Andrew ran up to me, upset because Diego had pushed him down. Not only did Diego push him down, he added to the indignity of the whole thing by pushing him down OFF the swing.

Diego was on Andrew's heels, coming to defend himself, at all costs.

"Diego," I said, "Andrew tells me you pushed him down."

"Off the swing," added Andrew.

"NO," said Diego, shaking his head. "I didn't! I didn't!"

"He pushed me down off the swing. It hurt me," said Andrew, rubbing his rear end for added emphasis.

"No, no, no.........." argued Diego, "I didn't push him down! I didn't!"

"Yes. Yes. He pushed me down," said Andrew.

"No," said Diego. "I didn't. I didn't."

"Okay," I said, mustering up some patience. "Diego. Why did you push Andrew down?"

Diego is silent for a few seconds, considering whether to lawyer-up. Then he says quietly, "I didn't."

"Diego. If you didn't push Andrew down, how did he fall off the swing and land on the ground?"

Diego pauses to think. Then he says, "Verrrrry slowwwwly."

2 comments:

Paulie said...

hehehehehehe I love it!

Chloe said...

Too bad I am retiring. I could see Diego in my future.